United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) & National Hospital Of Tropical Disease Vietnam
“The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) on September 1st donated 15 more Ohmni robots to the Ministry of Health to support frontline doctors and nurses working at hospitals in the central provinces to diagnose and treat patients and protect them from Covid-19 and other infectious diseases.
This was the second batch of robots to be delivered by the UNDP to different hospitals throughout Vietnam for the testing ecosystem and robotic applications such as diagnosis, tele-training, the autonomous delivery of supplies for Covid-19 and other infectious diseases.
UNDP had earlier handed over three robots to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, which the hospital staff said can help reduce the risk of their potential exposure to the virus.”
Ohmni® Robot stood out among other competitors for its appropriate features: portable, ultra responsive and available in Vietnam.
Since robotic products are slightly new in Vietnam, it was challenging to convince hospitals in Vietnam to acquire this new technology. However, after trials, Ohmni® robots proved their capability to help doctors diagnose patients, especially before entering the quarantine area. So far, OhmniLabs™ has received great good feedback from doctors using Ohmni®.
“Previously, I did not have the opportunity to work with robotic products. [T]he main channel to communicate with patients presenting with mild symptoms was through cell-phones via Zalo, Viber, and Messenger. For patients in critical condition, we had to communicate in-person regularly to monitor symptoms, which led to a very high risk of infection.
Thanks to Ohmni’s support, we are able to monitor and observe a patient’s progress from Ohmni’s audio and display system. In addition, medical equipment and drugs can be delivered to patient [using an attached] tray.”
Dr. Tran Van Bac, Deputy, Head of Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases
Why Choose Ohmni® Robots in Healthcare Facilities?
Dr. Bac’s noted the following features when explaining why UNDP chose to purchase Ohmni® Robot.
- Friendly design: Dr. Bac explained there would only be patients and the robot in the room. If the robot is too big or bulky to operate, the patients would feel uncomfortable. So the slim and friendly design works well in most circumstances.
- Portable: Weighing less than 20 pounds, Ohmni® is easily transported by hand or car.
- Smooth and near-silent operation: With a sounds level that’s close to zero, Ohmni® is a great choice for hospitals that want to avoid disturbing patients.
- Lightweight: If Ohmni® were to accidentally hit or run into a person, it’s so lightweight that they would not get hurt.
- High audio/video quality: According to UNDP, Ohmni’s audio and video quality are noticeably better than other calling applications.
- Autodocking: The autodock feature is very convenient for doctors and staff and saves time.
Ohmni® Robot is a practical and affordable solution to today’s healthcare challenges. That’s why over 40 hospitals worldwide use Ohmni® Robot to protect their healthcare workers and to safely connect patients with family and loved ones. To learn more about Ohmni® Telepresence Robot for healthcare, click here.