Happy Holidays from OhmniLabs!
Saturday December 22, 2018
Here’s to a happy holiday and a joyful new year from all of us at OhmniLabs!
As the year comes to a close, we look back at the amazing things we have achieved, and how much we have learned from all of you! Here are some of our favorite highlights from 2017.
Product Development & Launch
We had a successful Indiegogo campaign in the spring with over a 100 Ohmni robots ordered from all over the world. In addition, we also received pre-orders for another 100+ Ohmni robots on our website.
We are individually contacting customers and have started to fulfill Indiegogo and website pre-orders. Don’t worry if you have not received anything yet, we did not forget about you and will definitely be in contact shortly.
In our early development phase, our users provided invaluable feedback, where we swelled with pride on the positives, and have worked hard on feature requests that will be rolled into production for our February release:
- New screens, a fully integrated embedded system (no more cable going to tablet!) and merged batteries
- Upgraded CPU power and enhanced video quality
- 50% more powerful motors for obstacles and higher top speed
- UI enhancements
- Illuminated power switch
- Point and click driving and controls
- Auto-redock and auto sleep mode
- Printing Scale – we not only improved on the out of the box 3D printers to suit our needs, but went a step further to build our own 3D printers to increase scale and manufacturing efficiencies
- Larger facility – we are excited to announce that we will be moving to a larger facility in Santa Clara where we will scale our manufacturing to further meet demand
Research & Development
Our research team has been hard at work solving complex problems to deliver continued innovations that will make Ohmni even better. Some of the projects include:
- Silent, smooth, safe & lightweight robot arms
- Smart audio processing algorithms and unique speaker and microphone designs
- Object and person detection/tracking
- Flexible manufacturing processes for even more customization to meet the needs of specific applications
This is a sneak peek of some of the cool things you can expect to see from us next year! P.S., we can hardly wait!
Customer Feedback, Press and Awards!
We are grateful for the continued love from the community. Here is a small snippet of the things we heard from our current (and future!) users:
Finally a user-friendly telepresence robot for the home, design looks good @OhmniLabs
We won several awards and accolades, one of which was the prestigious G-Startup competition where OhmniLabs placed 1st in the US region and 2nd in the Global Finals amongst over 1000 fantastic companies!
Events & Partnerships
We’ve been busy showing off our robots at events and within commercial organizations that recognize the power of our robotic solution. In particular, we have had tremendous interest from organizations that deliver home healthcare services. In the same way that family members can visit with each other without travel, home care agencies can check in with clients more frequently and at lower costs than just only going to the home.
We were at the Aging 2.0 event and at National and local Association of Home Care events showcasing our technology that can significantly improve the standard of care for our aging population.
We’re in a number of trials today, demonstrating the benefits and the amazing acceptance of the technology among family members, caregivers and patients. Stay tuned for announcements in this area. If you have an event where you want to spread the word about Ohmni – let us know!
At OhmniLabs we believe strongly in giving back to our local communities. Our contributions, leadership and volunteer efforts this year helped create new opportunities for entrepreneurs around the world. Some of our proudest moments include:
- Ohmni Robot raises funds for underprivileged college students – http://bit.ly/2xuImsX
- Young Maker Program Support – http://bit.ly/2kZr3fp
- Sponsorship of the first ever blockchain hackathon in Vietnam – http://bit.ly/2Bmtxe
And this is just the beginning with many more initiatives coming in the new year and hope you will join us on what promises to be an exciting year ahead.
We leave you with this behind the scenes video of our production facility, and thank you again for being part of this incredible journey with us!